Cure Dry Lips Naturally
Chapped lips, also referred to as dry lips, occurs when the lips aren't properly moisturized or due to certain illnesses.
The most common solutions we opt for to cure dry lips is to use a lip balm. This may give instant relief, but in most cases, it does not provide a long-term solution. Here, we are going to provide natural home remedy remedies that will help you deal with this problem effectively and give long-lasting results.
What Causes Chapped Lips?
The major factors that lead to chapped lips are:
- Excessive licking of lips
- Smoking and drinking
- Sun damage
- Skin irritants in toothpaste
Honey & Vaseline!
Honey has wonderful antibacterial properties and is one of nature’s best healing agents. Vaseline(or petroleum jelly) is widely used to soften and nourish the skin & prevent it from drying. It seals the moisture in the skin. By combining these two ingredients, we get a very effective home remedy for chapped(dry) Lips.
How to use?
- Apply a layer of honey on your lips.
- After a minute, Apply a layer of Vaseline on top of this.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a cotton ball dipped in warm water