Get Rid Of Mouth Ulcers Naturally
Mouth ulcers are also known as canker sores. It is one of the most painful conditions and can give you a hard time for days. They cause difficulty in drinking tea, eating your meals and at times speaking. Women tend to suffer from mouth ulcer more than men do.
Common Causes :
- Eating acidic and spicy foods
- Chronic injury inside of your mouth
- Poor dental hygiene
- Aggressive cleaning of the teeth and gums.
Natural remedy for Mouth Ulcer
Holy basil leaves or tulsi are very effective for curing several mouth infections including ulcers. The anti-bacterial properties in Tulsi make it an effective oral disinfectant that can destroy up to 99% of the bacteria and germs in the mouth and relieve the symptoms of an ulcer.
Recent studies have found that people who chew tulsi leaves experience an immediate increase in salivary pH within 30 minutes of chewing. It suggests that tulsi leaves tend to curb the acidic environment inside the mouth.
How to use?
- Chew a couple of leaves of tulsi for around 5-6 minutes and drink water over it.
- Repeat this for at least 3 times in a day. It will help you get rid of the ulcers and prevent them from recurring.
Restoring and balancing the salivary pH, tulsi leaves minimizes the damage caused by extra acids, thereby curing ulcers naturally.