Neem Oil - Health Benefits
Neem oil is loaded with nutrients and is used in a variety of lotions, creams soaps and of course cosmetics. It is extremely beneficial for eczema prone skin and will benefit people who suffer from psoriasis and acne. Its astringent properties help to cure minor cuts and wounds. Probably, this is the reason ointments carry neem oil as it primary component. Neem oil helps to relieve dry and itchy skin.
1. Protects Skin And Fights Ageing:Neem contains high level of antioxidants which protect the skin from environmental damage.
1. It also contains carotenoids which provide high antioxidants that defend the skin against age promoting free radicals.
2. Neem oil is high in essential fatty acids and Vitamins. It gets easily absorbed by the skin and rejuvenates it and improves its elasticity.
3. With regular usage, neem also smoothens wrinkles and fine lines, thus fights the signs of ageing.
2. Fights Acne:Neem oil is ideal for acne prone skin because it clears up pimples and removes bacteria that cause break outs.
1. Neem oil contains aspirin like compound which removes the acne causing bacteria from the skin.
2. It also helps to reduce redness and inflammation.
3. The high fatty acid content in neem oil prevents and treats scar that occurs because of acne and is non comedogenic.
4. It can also be used as a face mask to remove the entire impurities ad tightens the pores.
3. Removes Dryness:Neem seed oil is an effective skin conditioner.
1. It moisturizes the skin so deeply that it can repair prolonged skin dryness as well. It is for this reason that neem seed oil is also used in medicated dryness repair products.
2. Its herbal moisturizing formula gives you a well toned skin that is free of cracks and freckles
4. Removes Pigmentation:
Neem seed oil is an ultimate pigmentation killer.
1. It imparts fairness to the skin with a splash of freshness when used regularly.
2. It slows down the production of melanin in the skin. Melanin is the skin coloring agent, which when secreted in higher amounts, leads to pigmentation.
3. Neem oil hampers the excessive formation of melanin. Therefore, it makes the skin fairer by reducing pigmentation.
Source : http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-of-neem-oil-for-skin-and-hair/